Restoring the Reis Timberlake house

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Some Decorating

With the assistance of some doorbuster coupons from the fabric store, we got a bunch of material for curtains. I got out the ole Singer, and hemmed up the fabric for some curtains. First up was Brent's studio. It's so bright in there he can hardly use his computer during the morning or afternoon. He picked out a heavy navy blue pattern. Here's what his sliding doors look like now:



And here's a detail of the fabric pattern. It's darker than shown, but has a shiny pattern, so it gives you an idea of what that pattern looks like.



Next up, I started on our bedroom. The door came first, as it's much shorter than the window. Unfortunately, there was a mistake in measuring which led me to change my design and add a contrasting panel. Once I did that, I realized it needed a tie, so I went and got a tie that matched the trim I had purchased for the window. Here's my door curtain masterpiece:



I then started work on a roman-style shade for the window. It does seem like it's going to raise and lower as expected once we get it installed. But first, brent's staining the window it goes in:



I'm now working on some panels to go in front of the shade for more layers and light blockage as necessary. You can see how they'll go together here as I've laid them out from the mantle. The striped shade will be inside the window box, and the green will be outside of the trim and hang to the floor. I've still got to make the other green panel, though it's already cut out.

1 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I considered myself as the professional in this theme, and did not think that I can find in the Internet something new. But having come on your site, I have understood, that I know nothing and it is necessary for me to study and study as much as possible.
- reis-timberlake.blogspot.com o
spaghetti alla carbonara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home